Hello, dear friends!
Existential psychotherapy today is a modern, ramified direction of the practical activities of counselors and psychotherapists, which gives to clients the opportunity to deep resources of awareness and understanding of themselves, their meanings, goals, tasks, movement in their development, in the development of relations with other people.
For me, the sincere, open position of the counselor and the therapist in relation to the client is important. A person lives at the same time in the past, present and future, and this fact must be taken into account by modern psychotherapy.
Our association of existential psychology and psychotherapy was established in November 2016. The Odesa School of Integrative Existential Psychological Counseling for Psychotherapy showed initiative in establishing the association.
The main principles of our approach in existential psychotherapy are:
- Humanitarian, and not naturally - scientific paradigm in the understanding of man and his tasks in life, allows us to look at the problems of psychotherapy and psychological counseling in a new way
- The psychotherapist is to some extent a teacher who is a guide to knowledge
- A person must learn to know himself and the world independently
- Sincerity and openness of the therapist to the client provides a modern system of mutual relations.
- The division of the psyche into consciousness and the unconscious is a psychological convention, and not an objective reality
- Since the world can not be changed, it is necessary to change one's attitude to this world. And then change your behavior and your reality will change
- Existential analysis needs to develop the emotions and insights of the client to a greater extent than to be based on intellectual analysis
- In the process of psychological counseling and psychotherapy, a person must learn to cope independently with the problems of his own life
- The field of activity of an existential consultant and psychotherapist is a person's life
- Increasing awareness of the client's life is one of the most important criteria for the work of an existential psychotherapist
- The Importance of the Directivity Vector in the Future in the Process of Psychotherapy
- For each client we create our own psychotherapy.
- There are many ways how to properly do the client in this life
- The act of the client is his own choice
The educational and training project in Odessa started its work in 2012 on the basis of the Odesa Institute of Mental Health. Currently, the educational and training project is part of the work of the association.
The project consists of two basic parts, which are separately certified. The first part is represented by existential psychological counseling (1 year and 6 months) and existential psychotherapy (2 years and 6 months of study).
The project is presented by a full-time group in Odesa, a set is being organized into a full-time group in Kiev. The project is also represented by a distance learning form, which is conducted under individual programs and which has proved itself well in recent years. The distance project trains students from Germany, Israel, Qatar, Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine.
Since 2013, we began to conduct an annual existential conference in Odesa, which since 2014 has become an international participant.
On the website of the association you can get acquainted with the programs of conferences, videos - records of reports at conferences, as well as with publications in conference proceedings.
The work of the association involves the creation and implementation of internal scientific grants, social projects and much more.
The space in the association is open for anyone who works in this direction or is interested in it. At the conference, we invite as many as possible those who have existential views and ideas, and also directly works in existential psychology, counseling and psychotherapy.
We will be glad to cooperate with you.Sincerely, President of the Ukrainian Association of Existential Psychology and Psychotherapy, Leonid Valentinovich Maksimenko.